The Spanish boss refused a handshake from the
29-year-old after suffering a defeat at the Etihad.
A Gary Cahill own goal had given City the lead but
efforts from Diego Costa, Willian and Eden Hazard
meant Antonio Conte’s side took all three points.
Chelsea are now four points clear of Guardiola’s
side at the top of the Premier League.
The game was marred by ugly scenes following a
Sergio Aguero horror tackle on David Luiz in the
closing stages.
The Argentine striker was shown a red card but his
awful challenge sparked chaos between both sets of
players.
And City midfielder Fernandinho was also sent off by
Anthony Taylor after grabbing Fabregas by the
throat and pushing him over the advertising
hoardings.
Spanish outlet Marca claim Guardiola’s snub was
not just to do with incidents during the game though.
The two have history after Fabregas played under
the City boss at Barcelona.
Guardiola was supposedly made to sign Fabregas
by key Barca players Lionel Messi, Gerard Pique as
well as others.
And their relationship further degraded when
Fabregas opted to join Guardiola’s arch-rival Jose
Mourinho at Chelsea.
Pep Guardiola's chopping and changing is costing
Manchester City
FORGET the brawling.
Brawl breaks out between Chelsea
and Manchester City stars at the
Etihad
Saturday, 3rd December 2016
THINGS got heated between
Chelsea and Manchester City
during the closing minutes of
their encounter at the Etihad.
Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas was involved in
an altercation with Man City ace Fernandinho
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola snubbed a
handshake with Cesc Fabregas
Sunday, December 4, 2016
The Chelsea manager is currently getting used to life in England since being appointed as the west London club’s new manager in the summer. His Liverpool counterpart, Klopp, is also getting to grips with his first full season in charge at Anfield after being appointed as the Reds’ new boss back in October 2015. Conte has earned plenty of praise for the impact he has had since taking over at Stamford Bridge in the summer, with Chelsea flying high at the top of the table after 14 games. Klopp was quoted as being full of praise for Conte before Liverpool’s trip to Stamford Bridge in the Premier League back in September. And the Chelsea manager had nothing but words of thanks for the Liverpool boss after learning of his description of the former Juventus boss. Speaking to Chelsea’s website, Conte said: “For sure this is a great compliment and I think Klopp said this because I had the possibility in three years to build this clear idea of football at Juventus. MORE: The latest Chelsea news and views MORE: The latest Chelsea player tweets “I know I put a lot of passion and study into my football, to improve and to build new solutions, and I know that I put a lot of time each day into my work, but I don’t know if I am up the top of this [Super Manager] table or at the bottom!”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment