Sunday, December 18, 2016

Conte has given Moses confidence, says Mikel

The Chelsea midfielder believes the Italian
deserves some credit for Victor Moses' excellent
performance this season
John Obi Mikel believes Chelsea manager Antonio
Conte should be credited for VIctor Moses '
transformation and goal scoring form this
season,.
The 29-year-old who is yet to make an
appearance for the Blues this season said
Conte's confidence in Moses has given him the
boost to express himself and make the difference
in the team this season.
Moses since returning from West Ham on
loan has been a key player in maintaining
Chelsea's 10-games unbeaten run in the league,
scoring four times in his new right wing back
position.
"Victor is fitter and sharper than he has ever been
before, but I think a key thing is playing for a
manager that has belief in him at Chelsea for the
first time," Mikel told Standard Sport.
"That in turn has given Victor more confidence to
express himself on the pitch and look to make the
difference."
Mikel whose contract ends at the end of the
season at the Stamford Bridge claimed that the
departure of Colombian winger, Juan Cuadrado to
Juventus on loan paved way for Moses' services
in Chelsea after spending three seasons on loan at
Liverpool, Stoke and West ham.
"There was a chance Cuadrado would have had
the right wing-back role instead, but he wanted to
leave Chelsea," Mikel continued.
"The situation with Cuadrado made it easier for
Victor, but he had already impressed in pre-
season."

No comments:

Post a Comment